Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Entreprenurial Journal week 14 -B183



B 183 S Entrepreneurial Journal, Conclusion Week “Last Lecture”
I am asked to write something that will be worthy of another’s time. Truthfully, I am unsure that is possible for me to do.  How do I mentor someone when I have been barely able to drag myself out of bed each morning and have not changed out of my pajamas in almost an entire week? 
Alas, this is the life of an entrepreneur sometimes.  This is the life of mine.  Is it glorious? Not one bit. Is it messy? You ‘betcha.  But, this is what I have to work with, so I do.  I have only so much energy and time and so therefore in order to keep at least a little of my sanity, something has to give.  This week, it was my physical cleanliness and sleep.  On the bright side, staying in this pair of jammies has meant less laundry that needs to be washed when I am able to resurface from the madness of life. 
This week has been true chaos.  This is sometimes the life of an Entrepreneur.  In addition to the success, energy, excitement and all that is wonderful about being an entrepreneur there are times like these that we wonder why we got into this in the first place and that make us question our path (and our sanity). But this, I can tell you, it is worth it.  The highest of highs and the lowest of lows on this journey are worth it.  Compromises will have to be made in your life, you will have to determine your priorities and stick to them.  Keep pushing forward and endure through the storms, enjoy the journey in each stage.  This week during our studies of Entrepreneurship at BYU-Idaho, our theme is Celebrate your life. This is what I celebrate.  I am wife to Mr. Awesome.  I am a mother of six. I am raising and home-schooling four, while I myself and Mr. Awesome are each continuing our lifelong learning through formal education.  We have health crisis’s happening to multiple people in our family. We are also in the process of transitioning to a new businesses and careers, in an industry that is new, to us. 
There is uncertainty, risk, nay-sayers, long hours, sacrifice, drive, learning, falling and rising again as we pursue this path.  There is also energy, excitement, refinement, patience, persistence, growth, passion and faith. 
You may be reading this and thinking “run, run far way, as quickly as possible.”  If you are, an entrepreneurial life is probably not for you.  If you are reading this and thinking “You are just doing it wrong” or something to that effect and my honesty of this low time for us isn’t making you want to head for the hills, you probably have an entrepreneurial heart and you are going to do some amazing things! 
Life is what you make of it, the path you carve as well as the way you handle the parts that are out of your control that push and test you to your very core.  I hope that whatever you decide, you choose to enjoy the journey, the good as well as the bad.  You can do it.          

No comments:

Post a Comment